- Open the Teams app
- In the Calendar tab, click on ‘New meeting’ in the top right hand corner of the screen
- Enter the title of your lecture/seminar
- When creating a meeting using the Teams app, you have to enter at least one required attendee. You can add yourself by typing your own email address(it must be fully typed out as you cannot select yourself from the suggested list)
- Select the date and time of the session
If this is going to be a recurring meeting, follow the steps below. If not, you can skip this step.
6. Click on the drop down menu which will be set to ‘Does not repeat’ by default and then select the appropriate option i.e. Weekly
7. A ‘Set recurrence’ pop up box will appear. Ensure the information is correct and then click on ‘Save’
If there are specific people you would like to invite to the meeting i.e. other colleagues, guest speakers, etc., you can use the ‘Add required attendees’ or ‘Add optional attendees’ box to search for and invite people. By doing this they will receive an email invitation and the meeting will be added to their calendar (after they accept).
To invite students, we recommend sharing the meeting link on your module Moodle page as detailed below.
8. To obtain the meeting link to share with students and colleagues, right click on the link ‘Click here to join the meeting’ and click ‘Copy Hyperlink’. You can then distribute this by pasting it onto your module Moodle page.
9. Leave the ‘Add channel’, ‘Add location’ and ‘Details for this new meeting’ fields blank
10. Click on ‘Save’