- Open the Outlook app
- Click on the calendar icon in the bottom left hand corner
- Select ‘New Teams Meeting’ at the top of this view
- Enter the title of your lecture/seminar
- In the ‘Required’ field, enter your own email address and leave the ‘Optional’ field blank
- Select the date and time of the session
If this is going to be a recurring meeting, follow the steps below. If not, you can skip this section.
8. Click on the ‘Make Recurring’ link
9. Choose the appropriate options and click on ‘OK’
If there are specific people you would like to invite to the meeting i.e. other colleagues, guest speakers, etc., you can use the ‘Add required attendees’ or ‘Add optional attendees’ box to search for and invite people. By doing this they will receive an email invitation and the meeting will be added to their calendar (after they accept).
To invite students, we recommend sharing the meeting link on your module Moodle page as detailed below.
10. To obtain the meeting link to share with students and colleagues, right click on the link ‘Click here to join the meeting’ and click ‘Copy Hyperlink’. You can then distribute this by pasting it onto your module Moodle page.
11. Click ‘Send’