The majority of assignments at Roehampton are submitted through Turnitin via Moodle. Most assignment deadlines are 2pm which means your file must be uploaded before the world clock changes from 1:59 to 2:00pm. Your computer clock being set to a different time will not be accepted as a reason for late submission.
You must allow plenty of time to submit to Turnitin. There may be a technical problem with your file or the server may be slow. If this happens, contact Moodle Support. Late submissions will be capped. Changes to files are allowed up until the due date.
If you have mitigating circumstances/extensions then you may need to submit to the mitigating circumstances inbox. If you are submitting resits they will need to be submitted to a resit inbox to the same module in the year you studied on the module.
Submitting to Turnitin
1. Navigate to the relevant module site in Moodle and click on the Turnitin assignment link . If you cannot find the link, please contact your lecturer/s.
2. For your first submission only, you must accept the Turnitin user agreement to be able to submit. Click the banner at the top of the assignment to read through the agreement and click ‘I agree’.
3. Usually you will be required to submit one file but some inboxes may be set up to accept multiple files (or parts as it is referred to in Turnitin). If multiple parts have been set up then each part needs to be submitted separately by clicking on the separate tabs.
4. Check the separate dates set for the inbox:
- Start date: you can’t submit before this time
- Due date: the deadline for your assignment. Late submissions or those with mitigating circumstances will need to submitted to the mitigating circumstances assignment link
- Post date: when your grades and feedback are due to be released
5. Click Submit Paper to make a submission. If you don’t see the submit paper icon, this guide will help you.
6. To submit a file ensure Submission Type is set to File Upload. To submit plain text only, select the option from the drop-down menu.
7. Enter your Submission Title. Don’t include your name or student number.
8. Upload your file into the File to Submit box, either by the file upload or drag-and-drop method
Simply drag and drop the file from the file manager into the box and wait for it to upload.
- Open the file explorer/manager on your computer to find your file
- Resize the explorer window, so that you can view the assignment submission page
- Select and hold on the file for submission and drag it into the file submissions box
- Drop your file onto into the box by releasing the selection
- Once uploaded the file will display in the File to Submit box
- Click the Add button
- To upload from your computer, click Upload this file and click Browse to locate your file.
- Follow our guide if you wish to upload from Google Drive or Dropbox
- Click Upload this file.
- The file picker will close and you will see an icon of the file appear.
10. Click Add Submission – A page will appear informing you that your submission is in progress.
11. A screen displaying your Digital receipt will then appear.
12. Click outside the digital receipt window to close it. Your submission will now appear in the My Submissions page.
- You can review your submission by clicking the title
- A Paper ID number and the date and time of submission will display
- On most Turnitin inboxes a similarity report will be available. The similarity report can be used to help you check whether you have correctly added citations and references in your work. The similarity report may take a short while to process following submission and when it is ready, your similarity score will show on the page and you can click on it to review your paper. Papers showing ‘Pending’ similarity reports after the due date will not be considered late if the paper was uploaded on time. Please note, similarity reports for the FIRST THREE submissions to a Turnitin inbox will normally generate within 5-15 minutes. Further submissions will generate similarity reports after 24 hours. Learn more about the similarity report.
13. After submitting to a Turnitin Assignment inbox, you will automatically receive a digital receipt email to your Roehampton email account, confirming a successful submission. Find more information about the digital receipt.