You may import (i.e. copy) some or all the content from one module site into another as long as you have editing permissions on both module sites and, both sites are on the same Moodle installation. For example, you can’t import from Moodle 2015-16 to the current Moodle site.
It is NOT possible to undo this process. Each unwanted item imported will need to be deleted or edited individually.
To import content from module site A to module site B:
- Log into Moodle and open module site B (i.e. the site you want to copy into)
- Locate the Administration block menu
- Click on the Import link
- Search for module site A (i.e. the site you want to copy from) using the Search function beneath the Select a course list
- Select the course/module site by clicking in the radio button and click on Continue
- If you want to copy all the blocks, activities and filters from A to B leave these options ticked and click on Next
- If you want to copy everything, then leave everything on the following screen ticked. If not, deselect those items you do not want copied.
- If you deselect a section, nothing in that section will be copied across even if items in the section are ticked.
- You should deselect Turnitin assignments here. If you don’t, you will need to delete them after the import is completed.
- Then scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Next
- Check everything that has been ticked, and if you’re happy for it to be imported/copied, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Perform import. If not, click on Previous and amend your selection.
- Click on Continue to return to module site B (i.e. the site into which content from A has been copied/imported).