The Partnerships moodle site has been upgraded to the latest stable version and now boasts a totally responsive, new design which works on all devices. The new theme makes moodle finally look great on mobile and tablet. Please take the USER TOUR and familiarise yourself with the new design, layout and features.
There are a number of new features. Some of the highlights and improvements include:
- A new theme improving both the user interface (UI) and user experience (UX). This brings about changes to the appearance and layout of moodle, incorporating design elements aligned to the University’s brand guidelines and improving accessibility and mobile responsiveness.
- Customisation of the Dashboard allowing users to set Favourites
- Ability to set header images at module level
- Overviews and direct access to activities from the Dashboard
- More efficient management of module participants
- Improved GDPR compliance
- Improved messaging
- Improved question banks
- A course management panel in every course, making it easy for staff to locate activities, manage users, view reports and more. This appears differently for students who get an overview of their module and their activities.
- Blocks: These are no longer located on the right hand side within modules e.g. Quickmail, Contacts, etc. To access blocks, click Module blocks located on the banner image at the top of each site (please complete the User Tour to find out more). By default they are all on the right hand side in this area, but you now have three columns to put them in, so feel free to move them around by going into each block and changing the default column.
- Dashboard current, past & future modules: All archived modules now show under the past module tab. Programme pages and non module pages continue to show
- Header image: Course Management < Course Settings < Edit Course Settings to change the header image of your module page. NB The picture you set will also appear as a tile on Dashboard. Make sure you use abstract designs as pictures are responsive and will change size depending on screen size.
- Module name in top header: Please remove any duplicated module titles on your pages. The name of your module now automatically shows at the top of each page.
- Enrolling staff: When reassigning roles of other staff or adding students to individual groups via the Participants (formerly enrolled users) screen, ensure you click the save button to confirm any changes.
- Find modules/module search box: Either use the link in the footer or return to Dashboard to search for modules.
- Course summary/description (to be used instead of About this module or module introduction): The Course Management panel is called Course Dashboard for students. Students now see an area with the course description here, so you may want to fill it in (if you already have an existing about this module block, it’s a good place to move this text). Course Management < Course Settings < Edit Course Settings < Course summary